[AT] Allis Chalmers ED40 injector pipes

Thomas Martin tmartin at xtra.co.nz
Sat Feb 1 12:51:59 PST 2020

I seem to have missed a lot of this. Been out of town...
Back last century, my father had the local AC dealership. My memorable moment with an ED40 was when driving a new one to the local show with a mounted rotary hoe, an o-ring failed dumping the hoe on the tar-seal and showering me in oil! Evryboy stard!:-( Needless to say, it was sold at the show. The only one in the district. Loaders were our best sellers then, followed by crawlers...
That 23c engine was different. the crankshaft goes into the engine from the end like early Aston Martins, courtesy of WO Bentley. The main bearings are fitted in circular flanges to the crankshaft and then the whole assembly is fitted end on into the block, the flanges then being bolted to the block.
The engine was also fitted to Standard Vanguard cars & Land Rovers, we had a few in the area.

Anyway, I found this: https://tinyurl.com/t2bq92v
Could help :-) You may have to move though.