[AT] Standard Diesel Engines was Allis Chalmers ED40 injector pipes

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 1 06:09:02 PST 2020

I have seen the term "Riccardo Engineering" used in automobile related publications. This link talks about the configuration of the pre-combustion chamber.

http://vintagetractorengineer.com/2010/04/fe35-tractor-standard-23c-enlarging-entrance-to-pre-combustion-chamber/

I am guessing that the purchase of Standard by Massey Ferguson stopped Allis Chalmers from buying any more engines from them. Years ago, someone gave me a few scanned pages from a book describing the sales visit of Harry Ferguson to Allis Charmers, maybe in West Allis, in an attempt to partner with them in providing hydraulic hitches. That visits may have been an unintentional technology transfer.

John Maddock AT List Member (agtronixjv at southcom.com.au);  No idea if Standard designed the 23c. It is described as a "Riccardo "engine - whatever that means!

James AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com);  Looks like standard started to produce the 23C engine before they were  purchased by MF. Did Standard design the engine?

 https://www.agriline.co.za/tractorparts/fe35/standard23c.php

 John Maddock AT List Member (agtronixjv at southcom.com.au); Thanks for  the link Spencer. I understand time is not of the essence. Further  research indicates that the UK is probably the best place to look,  since only about 600 of tractors with the Standard engine entered the U.S. All grist to  the mill!

 Spencer Yost AT List Owner (spencer at rdfarms.com); I post this as much  for the US diesel owners as much as for John: Central Injection of Esterville Iowa is phenomenal.   I've used their products, services and visited their shop once before (in fact I  bought an old atlas/craftsman  lathe from the owner while I was  there!).  They probably can build the lines.

  https://www.centralfuelinjectionservice.com/

  I have not found an old pump/lines/injectors I can stump them with.  Unfortunately for John, having dealt with shipping/customs on auto   parts from your part of world(piston rods for a turbo charged diesel   trooper engine - which are WAY more common is OZ that the US) I doubt this is viable; cost-wise.   But probably worth an email or two and some research to find out.

  Of course shipping and customs has a lot to do with how fast you need   it and the category used for the paperwork. Maybe slow shipping on   agricultural parts is actually affordable? All I know is the   reasonably fast shipping (~10 days) on the customs category of  "auto  parts "on my rods were more expensive than the rods themselves.