[AT] Thorns

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Dec 29 16:12:09 PST 2020

Hi Farmer,
My wife and I had a similar situation in 1995 when we built a house on
old cattle pasture land. We only had 10 acres, but between us and our
neighbors we had about 70 acres, and were just down the road from my
buddy who was about my age, but farmed for his dad. The field was full
of ridges and holes and was a nightmare to walk through. I said he could
farm it for nothing if it could help make it smoother. He came with a
big John Deere and a 24' disc. After discing it he still wasn't happy
with the results, so he hooked up a 6 bottom plow and plowed the whole
field, the plow pulled about 14" deep, then he disced it again. Our
field was now like a putting green. Good for both parties involved.

Mike M