[AT] Pole barns.

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 28 15:44:26 PST 2020

A fella down the road from us moved a small barn to his property. It was small enough for him to get it moved without having to take it apart. The bottom of the barn was pretty much gone. What he did was build a cinder block base for the barn to sit on, about three or four block high. He trimmed the bottom of the barn and set in on the cinder block base.

You might have to get a good number of pipe jacks to raise the barn, but you could put in a cinder block base for it to sit on like he did.  Or maybe using just a few pipe jacks to lift one end of the barn, resting the barn on cribs made out of piled up and secured shipping pallets, and then using the same pipe jacks, raise the next section of barn and crib it. Might have to stack the cribbing in steps of one or two pallets at a time. You could do the cribbing at the outside walls, and remove them as you put in the cinder block base.

Carl