[AT] N.E. PA Merry Christmas

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 26 07:06:15 PST 2020

Thanks to all for the input on the pole barn. I have to reread the township rules on size and placement. I know I can go 2600 sq ft based on size of property with no limit on height. The only issue is location. I believe I can be 1ft from property line, but need to get a distance from the pond. Don’t remember there being any mention on that. I shouldn’t have an issue since my wife and I work with the township supervisor at the local food pantry a couple of times a month. I don’t want to go too big since I really don’t have as many toys as most others, and don’t really plan on getting any more. Just bid enough to block the view of the new house and give us back our privacy in the back yard.

When we first moved out here the only way to see a neighbor’s house was to look out the third floor window over the tree tops. Now we will have three houses adjacent to our property. The first two aren’t a real issue since one is towards the front of the property, about 100 ft further towards the road, and we don’t see it unless we’re leaving the house. The second built in the woods, leaving most of the trees that block the view of them, and we don’t see it when the leaves are on the trees. The third, however, built far back on the lot and is basically in our back yard. Wife said that if anybody builds on the other side of us we’re going to move. But I don’t think that will actually happen since the property on the other side of us is heavily wooded and I don’t believe we’d be able to really see any house that gets built. Don’t believe we have to worry about the 20 acres across the road since they’re asking way too much for the property and there is other property a lot cheaper on the next two roads that are for sale.

Houses are starting to go up all over the area. We had a friend, who was one of two house on their road, move when a house was built about a half mile from them. They said it was because it was getting too crowded, and moved 400 miles further north.

Carl