[AT] O.T. Batten Down the Hatches

ustonThomas Mehrkam tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 23 20:03:29 PDT 2020

 I have about 30 gallons stored in five gallon gas cans.  I have a couple of old mail transfer boxes I use to store flammables. They are situated some distance from my shop. I normally store a months or so worth of gas in them used for lawn maintenance and tractor gas. Pickup truck holds 36 gallons.

When a storm is in the area I fill all my cans up with Bukees no Alcohol gas. and store them in the mail boxes. I will then burn it in my pickup and agg equipment after the threat of the storm passes.

I need to acquire a few more cans or get a diesel gen set. Maybe later after I sale my home in Houston.  I have moved to the farm and trying to sell that money pit in town.  Until then I will use the gas gen set to keep the well running and lights on during storms.

Normally only run it enough to keep water and freezers frozen.  With the Suburban I would fill it up before the storm and it was available for the genset after the portable cans were consumed. I had my pickup truck for running around.

The forecast changed again and one of the storms is suppose to pass over the Houston area.

I am wondering if the preservative does much to prolong the life of Non Al Gas. I have not added any yet.  I add it to all the regular gas I purchase for normal use.