[AT] OT-Ground bees

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Fri Aug 21 13:09:47 PDT 2020

There are people who pour molten metal into ant holes to make artistic castings that they sell at art fairs. Usually they're Aluminum since it holds it’s shape better than something like lead. There are also people who place metal rods into sandy areas during major storms. They put out dozens of rods in one small area at a time. If lightning should strike one of the rods, it melts the sand and turns it to glass, making some really pretty figures. They have a name for it, but I don’t remember what it’s called.

Carl