[AT] [External] Re: Covid-19

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:18:38 PDT 2020

Spencer,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and potential future loss of friends and
family. I agree with the member that said in so many words "enough is
enough, that ATIS is a place to read without all this garbage."

That said, I have two cents to offer: Barely any of what we hear about this
is true or settled. People have died, but they die of the flu every year.
How many months now has the death toll been between 150,000-160,000? It's
been a while. The virus has about burned itself out in the USA. It may come
back in the winter, or it may not. Who knows. The one certainty is the
hysteria about it will CEASE on Nov 3rd regardless of what's happening with
caseloads.

No offense to the respondent from New Zealand, but theirs is not a response
to be emulated. You cannot hide from a virus. Other countries will be well
and done with Covid 19 and NZ will become a new hotspot once they relax
restrictions.

Young folks figured out early on they have negligible risk and rightfully
so. That's why they went on Spring Breaks and the other nonsense of youth
months ago- it does not infect or at least affect them. So far there is not
one case of a public school aged child transmitting to an adult and any
youth aged Covid death is suspect at best. Teachers Unions are now holding
this Country hostage and by extension it's economy by keeping parents out
of work.

My personal opinion is if you have so much confidence in the stupid paper
or even worse, cloth mask then you wear your mask and protect yourself.
These cheap pieces of garbage take droplets which don't travel far due to
weight and aerosalize them where they go much farther. Don't tie a bandanna
on your face and tell me you are "preventing the spread". That is just
silly. Same with any other cloth or paper mask. Nothing but social
conditioning for an illness with a high 90% survival rate. Does not
minimize the losses but does not justify hysteria.

And that's enough for me,
Warren