[AT] [External] Re: Covid-19

Gunnells, Brad R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 6 06:29:00 PDT 2020

I had a friend call and ask to use my trailer to haul some furniture for his son going back to college. It's going to be interesting how this all unfolds.

I work in IT at University of Iowa, so for me this work from home has been pretty much business as usual so I'm very lucky in that regard. I work closely with the folks that maintain the classrooms (due to podium technology) and they are equipping far more rooms to keep the class sizes down. In addition some will attend the classroom while others participate online.

But as John says, the dorms and apartment complexes are confined spaces. And lets be honest, when Friday night and the weekend roll around, how many teen and 20-somethings are going to want to social distance? We saw pictures of Spring Break in the south. I presume we're going to see an uptick in our county numbers in early October.

2020 has been a shit-show of a year, plus it's an election year on top of it. I'll be so glad to put this year in the rear view mirror, things have got to get better....right?

Brad