[AT] AT Digest, Vol 31, Issue 4 (Stephen Offiler)

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 6 14:34:55 PDT 2020

Here are a couple links that make it pretty clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ4Epf8i1uk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8wWhjTKRU

You are correct about the ACE2 receptors, but remember that having the airborne virus hovering about the face--including trapped in the cloth of the masks--is going to increase the opportunities for it migrating into the airway.  This is why we are warned against touching our faces with contaminated hands.

Generalizing from the fact that even the CDC recommends wearing the masks to prevent spreading it but says nothing about them protecting the wearer.

I don't want to carry on further on ATIS--some folks already objecting, and I can see why, so I won't post further on this thread.  I am just eager to make folks aware that, as valuable as wearing the masks can be in preventing transmission, its value consists almost entirely in preventing you from spreading it, not preventing you from getting it.  Don't rely on a bandana to allow you to expose yourself unnecessarily.

The "original" Steve Allen