[AT] Burn bans

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Apr 23 05:56:21 PDT 2020

Here in OK, we have not had decent burn weather for the last 5 years.
For 30 years we burned our trash in a big concrete culvert.  During a
burn ban 20 years ago my Dad burned some bedding from a sheep and caused
a storage trailer to burn up costing me at least $20k in lost spare
parts.   Our wind here has been so unpredictable that burning is just
not feasible  anymore. I bought an old municipal tree chipper to shred
the trees & brush I need to clear out.  I hope that after it composts a
couple of years, that I can spread it with a manure spreader and get
some kind of soil nutrition out of it.
Cecil