[AT] New fangled tractor question

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Apr 17 07:09:04 PDT 2020

My TS110 had problems due to an unscrupulous dealer.  The same thing can
be said about my MTZ/Belarus 1220.4 .  My MTZ had the clutch replaced at
a very high cost to the factory by the dealer who could not make his 1yr
payment to the factory.  At 12 hrs of use the clutch was disassembled,
the flywheel resurfaced, leaving out the pilot bearing, new disks were
installed that were woven not ceramic and the center plate was
replaced.  The clutch assembly is a balanced unit and is to be balanced
before installation.  No balancing was done.  The problems with both
tractors were due to the actions of bad dealers, and poor mechanics.
When we replaced the pilot bearing on my MTZ, I was not aware that the
clutch disks were supposed to be ceramic.  I also did not realize that
the balanced clutch assembly had been taken apart until I was furnished
a copy of the warranty claim from the dealer.  The engine has a
vibration above 1500 rpm.  I am sure it is due to the unbalanced clutch.
Cecil