[AT] JD A Update; Quick Question

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Sun Apr 12 07:24:42 PDT 2020

Steve,

With respect to the ignition wires.  The firing order is cast on the engine, should be 1,3,4,2 (based on my quick memory of my Cub). Remove the distributor cap and note which way the rotor turns (should be counter clockwise (again based on my quick recall of the Cub). Hand crank the engine until the timing mark indicates TDC on #1 while checking for pressure on #1cylinder, if no pressure you’re on TDC #4. Note position of rotor that is #1 cylinder, if you are on #1, should be at the top, (again based on my Cub). Then the wires should be clockwise #1, #3, #4, #2. The rotor should turn 270 degrees  counter clockwise between each cylinder firing:

               #2.                   #3

Good luck.

Carl