[AT] [OT] Back to Linux Discussion

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 06:10:24 PDT 2020

Thanks Stuart!  I don't doubt that it probably isn't as hard as it sounds,
and I'd certainly learn some things along the way.  Yesterday I relegated
the whole wireless discussion to the back burner by running a cable from my
basement home-office up to the closet on the 2nd floor where the
modem/router lives.  Not as hard as it sounds; there have been various
cables run there in the past, and I used an old defunct satellite TV cable
to pull my Ethernet thru.  The cable itself was donated by the IT guy at
work.  In order to regain the full portable aspect of the laptop I'm still
going to have to tackle the Wifi adapter at some point, but for now it's
main task is a secondary workstation in the home-office to roughly
approximate the dual-monitor setup I have come to rely upon at work.
Whether I do as you suggest and see about getting the existing Netgear
device running, or as farmer and Spencer suggest and purchase a compatible
one.... well that will depend on my desire for a learning experience.

SO