[AT] Kubota M5700 noise

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Apr 5 21:03:10 PDT 2020

Back when I could overhaul a 350 chevy for $100 in parts, I tore one
down to find out what the knock was and never found it!! Later I had a
bad scar in a 305 cylinder wall and bored it out with an old old T model
era cylinder hone.  The bore had a .004 taper from bottom to top.  I
installed a 0.010 oversize piston. It knocked, but used no oil.  Ran
good.  After about 15K miles I sold the pickup to a couple buying it for
their 16yr old son's birthday.  The kid drove it all through high school
and part of college.  He sold it and bought a later model.  The engine
that knocked,   still knocked at over 150K miles...  Sometimes a knock
is not too bad...
Cecil