[AT] OT: non-tractor covid-19 activates

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Apr 3 09:01:31 PDT 2020

After Ithought a little, I forgot about the 48x120 gap bed lathe, the
24in shaper, the 12x36 surface grinder and the other one sitting outside
that was dropped off a forklift at the shippers. I have a 36in Yates
American Bandsaw that a forklift operator dropped while loading.  It was
one the Navy owned during WWII that sawed the decking for ships.  I have
another 36in that I need to try to get working.   I also have a 40 ton
horn press.  in addition to the 40 ton ironworker.  and a Warner swasey
#2 turret lathe, and somewhere around here is an old screw machine.
There is a couple of multiple spindle drills and all manner of old
machines....  There are not very many young folks that know how to
operate these old machines.  Just not a lot of demand for one-off repair
work either..  Both old guys that were my teachers in my machine work
are now gone..