[AT] OT - Linux revisited

Phillip Kelley philkelley at windstream.net
Tue Apr 21 11:33:24 PDT 2020

I have been a lurker here for many years and gained much valuable info
regarding tractors and other skills.

The recent thread about installing Linux on an old laptop has prompted
me to dust off an old HP dvb6t running 32 bit Windows Vista Home
Premium.  I have successively cloned and replaced the hard drive to a
240 GB SSD.  I then downloaded Linux Mint 19.3 (32 bit) ISO to a new
64GB thumb drive.  Attempts to make it bootable failed using both Rufus
and Etcher because they don't support Vista.  So I moved the project to
my Win 10 laptop and tried Rufus again.  It appears to go through all
the steps but ends with an error message and the thumb drive doesn't
boot .  Am I making this to complicated?

Any advice would be appreciated.  TIA

Phil Kelley - GA