[AT] pull cable PTO speed was rent a scan tool

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Sep 29 18:20:03 PDT 2019

James:
What you are suggesting is something I would have done 20 years ago.
Now, I am just not as sure of myself as I used to be, and I just don't
try as many technical projects as I once did.

I suppose the accelerator pot should not have more than 3 wires.  As you
suggested I could test the voltage to each wire to ground and connect a
potentiometer in parallel to the one on the accelerator.  Then
disconnect it by switch when driving.  It could also function as a
cruise control, but it would need a relay to disconnect when the brake
was actuated.  The allison has a lockup convertor, It should have a
disconnect when the brake is actuated.  The relay could be disconnected
by a signal from the brake pedal.  I will have to find some
documentation on the wiring diagram.  I have a Motors professional
edition of wiring diagrams for medium and heavy duty trucks.
Cecil