[AT] Yetter cutters on Little Genius plow

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:44:22 PDT 2019

Hi Andy:
I saw this when you sent it but didn't think I still had any Yetter
coulters. Last night while I was inspecting the backs of my eyelids but not
asleep yet it hit me that I have an old mechanical lift IHC 2 x 14" plow
with Yetters on it. It's one with the "Spear-Point" shear system. I don't
know how much wear the disk have but the front one measures 15.25" and the
back one 15.5". I'm kind of guessing but I "suspect that they were likely
16" when new. Part of that is based on the amount of clearance between the
disk and the mounting frame.
I have never plowed with this plow but we used to run the cupped Yetters
back years ago up until "cover-boards" came on the scene.
I'm not sure how helpful this might be... Were the disk all the same size?
I don't remember.
Of course today generally in regular crop production we want the residue
mixed in the surface of the soil.

.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 9:03 AM Andy Glines <andyglines at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It has occurred to me that the disc blades on my Yetter cutters are to
> big.  Does anyone have a plow with Yetter cutters who could check the
> diameter for me?  Please?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA