[AT] Radiator plugging

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 07:48:47 PDT 2019

Looks like Gehl's current product line is all construction equipment.

https://www.gehl.com/

[Cecil Bearden]    Not an antique tractor, but an antique swather.   My early 80's late 70's Owatonna/Gehl swather has a problem with the A/C condenser plugging with the fuzz off of Bluestem grass.  It has the perforated screen over the entire back of the engine compartment and I have replaced the seals around the screen as it is hinged to access the condenser , oil cooler, and radiator.  I have to clean off the condenser every 1.5 to 2 hours of running to keep the A/C in the cab cool.  I even sealed the edges with duct tape in case the fuzz was getting through the gasket..  It appears this stuff is so fine it goes through the perforations on that screen.   It is a very fine screen too.    I spent an hour yesterday blowing out the radiator and condenser and the pile of stuff that came out of the radiator was amazing.  Engine seemed to run cooler too.