[AT] Statistics In Tractor Manufacturing Was Bicycle Program

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Mon Sep 16 05:24:02 PDT 2019

It was an early version of AutoCAD and we where just transitioning over to it. We were still using drafting tables during the transition for ongoing work and one group of designers were assigned to take an existing drawing, model the part, and then create the drawing for release. So there was a learning curve.

One thing that may have also affected the outcome was that the designers had a knack for compensating for all the welding that it took to put the tank together.  We weren’t welding your average steel plates, the armor takes a special process and special training.