[AT] weighted tires or not???

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 06:07:45 PDT 2019

When did Yanmar stop building tractors for Deere? Do they sell the metric rims?

[Dean VP} <snip>Now you have scared me. Didn’t think about the CC was eating away at my rims from the inside out.  I was complacent because I wasn’t seeing anything at the valve stem. My JD 750 is a 1981 model which I purchased with less than 200 hours on it 20 years ago. It has been the most reliable tractor I have ever owned. One stuck brake and that is it. Recurred the second time and then found a “O” ring moisture barrier seal was missing. Added the required seal and no more problems.  It is a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel which is bulletproof. Change oil and add fuel and it is 100% reliable.  Well… unless I run out of diesel fuel. Then it is an absolute bitch to bleed and get running one time.  I swore the first time I did it that it would never happen again.  But…. Sure enough the second time happened. Was on a sidehill and enough slope starved the outlet of the tank.  I should know better by now. That episode almost had me believing I had lost the injection pump. Nope, just had to bleed every possible area for an air bubble.  Never, never again.   It can set in the barn for 5 months and when we get back from AZ it will start on the first touch of the starter. It absolutely amazes me at times. Even in 30 to 40 degree weather.  I need to check if I have a hidden upcoming rim problem.  Since it is a JD I’m sure any replacement rims are made out of gold.  <snip>

[ Stephen Offiler] <snipp> My non-antique chore tractor is a Ford 1520, which is a 23hp 4x4 diesel built by Shibaura in Japan, 1995ish.  Rear tires are 13.6 x 16 R-3 turf.  It has a loader.  I got it used in 1999 with 396 hours and calcium in the rears.  Rims finally rotted through last year.  Got new tires from Simpletire dot com at Cecil Bearden's suggestion.  But it turned out that the rims aren't common.  Could not find a generic equivalent, and I had to go to the CNH dealer (Messicks, in fact).  The cost was staggering (no fault of Messick's, it was the same or higher everywhere else).  I hate to say how much but it was deep into four digits to get the tractor rolling again.  So apparently it held off the calcium for about 23 years assuming the original owner had it delivered loaded.   I'd like to think I'm young enough (57) to see another 23 years on this tractor and I chose to spend the money on the beet juice. <snip>