[AT] OT Watch out for TICKS!!

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:41:33 PDT 2019

I live near the epicenter of Lyme disease.  I couldn't even count the
number of people I know that have contracted it.  I know a few people
personally whose lives were destroyed by Lyme - severe, debilitating
chronic symptoms lasting for years.  Around here, if you find a deer tick
attached, you go straight to the doc and get a round of Doxycycline.  We
used to wait to see if symptoms showed up, and we used to skip the Doxy if
the tick had been attached less than 24 hours.  Neither of those rules of
thumb work anymore around  here.  You just go get the meds.  I'm sure the
treatment protocols differ elsewhere, but it's just so bad here we can't
screw around.

Steve O.