[AT] Tractor safety

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 06:37:35 PDT 2019

What examples do we have of people who have applied ROPS to tractors manufactured without them?

[Stephen Offiler] I miss George, RIP.  I'm sure I was around for some of these discussions.  Seems to me that there might be certain limited situations where the WFE is going to be harder to roll than the NFE, and the opposite probably isn't true, so in the aggregate, WFE is "safer".  I also agree that holding the belief that "WFE is safer" is a dangerous notion.

[Jim Becker] I thought I was the only one that had that repeated argument with George.   My assertion was that any advantage a WFE might have was inconsequential.  By the time a WFE hit the stop, you were already near, if not past the tipping point.  None of us had any hard data to back up our opinions.