[AT] OT technical community college programs was Bicycle program

Jack jacktractor at live.com
Sat Sep 28 19:28:23 PDT 2019

One or more of the NPR radio network talk shows has discussed a man who came to the US as an illegal immigrant. He had earned a high school diploma in his native country and had in fact been a public school teacher there. At some point he made the transition from farm worker to California Community College Student. He ended up as a licensed US brain surgeon. No word as to whether he was a picker or tractor driver.

I wonder how he counts in the statistics for two year graduate's incomes.

I believe I saw some statistics that showed that people who entered the college world as a community college student and finished their programs had a higher 4 year graduation rate than people who entered a 4 year college at the get go.

[Stephen Offiler] I'm not sure if that is an interesting statistic, or simply predictable statistically.  All you just said is that a bell-curve distribution for 2-year degrees overlaps a bell-curve distribution for 4-year degrees.

[James Peck] The interesting statistic is that some technical 2 year programs have higher starting incomes than many 4 year degree programs. People who complete such a program can later take a 2+2 program to get a four year degree if they choose.
http://www.wlky.com/news/mayor-jctc-announce-manufacturing-jobs-initiative/30966584