[AT] Waukesha engines

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 28 09:02:03 PDT 2019

Oliver was in Charles, City, Iowa because that is where Hart-Parr had been. This would suggest that there was an Oliver foundry in Charles City. Blocks would have to go from the Oliver foundry to the Waukesha engine plant.

https://historymuseumsb.org/the-oliver-corporation/

In the early 90s. Chrysler closed the Indianapolis foundry and outsourced the foundry work south. An interesting snafu resulted.

[Spencer Yost] To muddy the waters further:

An Oliver collector friend who’s knowledge I trust told me Oliver poured the castings and Waukesha machined and assembled.  To be clear we were discussing the diesel engines at that point.  Not sure if this was true for gas engines.  Like many definitive statements, I am sure it is not 100% true through the entire portfolio of model or all production years.

Take that with a grain of salt as it’s all hearsay from a collector friend.

PS:   He is the friend I bought my Oliver 77 diesel from.

[Cecil Bearden] I have seen both a 770 and an 88 and the engines had Waukesha on the outside.