[AT] 3 cyl diesel problems

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Oct 27 06:36:32 PDT 2019

I have had this problem before on a few engines that had weak fuel
pumps.   I get a large rag soaked in gasoline and hold it over the air
intake.  Not completely cutting off the air, but making sure the
gasoline fumes are getting into the air intake. After finding this
method, I have not used a primer pump since. Got caught on the side of
I-40 with a truck that had fuel in one tank and ran out of the other.  I
walked over to a truck stop, got a can of gas and a stack of red shop
towels.   When I got back to the truck, I just opened up the air filter
housing and poured gas on the dry filter.  it started up and ran after I
pressured the other tank to send the fuel over the transfer line to the
main tank......
Cecil