[AT] 1970's farm equipment

deanvp at att.net deanvp at att.net
Sun Oct 20 21:39:46 PDT 2019

James,

 Every time I go shopping at the local Costco I marvel at how many
foreigners we have here in WA  I'm sure driven by the High Tech industries
like Microsoft and Amazon. It used to be the Oriental's that were
predominate. Now it seems to be East Indians. I'm sure much of our technical
knowledge is eventually ending up back in India.  However, that doesn't seem
to apply to those who work in the technical support groups we call for help.
I have completely given up on calling any kind of help line for anything.
First because they really don't know very much and secondly their accent
combined with my loss of hearing makes understanding them almost impossible.
I will work Google search until I find the answer I'm looking for. I just
went through that recently.  Some time in the past I changed from double
click to single click file opening on my mouse. Long enough ago I had
forgotten how I did it.  For me the obvious place to look was on the setup
of the mouse. Wrong.  I put up with the change far too long and finally I
had enough.  But couldn't remember how to fix it. Google came to the rescue.
In Win 10. one has to get into File Explorer, view, options, change options
to get to that setting.  How in the hell I found that the first time is
beyond me  But all is now cool again.   Simple but frustrating.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290