[AT] Charles Sorensen not a tractor man

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sun Oct 20 13:59:47 PDT 2019

I have not run a JD two cylinder diesel long enough to vouch for fuel economy (I’m sure it’s true) but I have to vouch for 58 or 59(battery acid has ruined the serial number) Ford 861 diesel.  The day will come when I run that thing dry because it’s so miserly with fuel I forget to fill it up - literally!  I can’t count the number of times it’s suddenly struck me that it’s been a long time since I put fuel in it and I jump off to find I’m down to the last drop.  Need to get the fuel gauge working.....

My  smaller(134ci vs 172 in the Ford) 95 Kubota engine in my Bobcat is used many less hours a year and I’m always adding fuel to that thing.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone