[AT] tractor production at the Rouge.

Jack jacktractor at live.com
Fri Oct 11 08:33:33 PDT 2019

I had been wondering what I could use as a reference. Chares Sorensen's biography mentions the production of both. I seem to remember that the sale of Ford Tractor to Fiat included the tractor history as well.

On the less hectic days at work, I am able so spend my lunch break walking along Hines Park Drive. Henry Ford was instrumental in developing this. This route runs from Dearborn out to western Wayne County, roughly along the Rouge River. Several of the 30s era poured concrete bridges that cross the wandering river were shored up this year with I-beam pilings driven in with a Terex crane. The route became open to vehicle traffic.

The Rouge river is probably passable by kayak along there, certainly not by rowboat. Sometime in my life I learned that a river is defined by length, not width or depth.

[Brian VanDragt] Add it in yourself.  That's what Wikipedia is for.  The car people that wrote the article probably don't care about tractors.

[James] The history rewriters have been at work here. I could find no mention of the Fordson Model F or the Ford-Ferguson 9N being produced at the Rouge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_River_Rouge_Complex