[AT] Antique tractors anyone?

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 7 18:29:50 PDT 2019

Well, everything we have is now old or antique. One Super A is on
permanent sickle mower duty,  so I have been keeping the ditches mowed
all year with it. The other Super A is on rake duty--it raked the last
hay about a month ago. Its so dry we won't get another baling.

The all around workhorse is a 72 IH 454, its currently hooked to my
auger cart in case I cut more corn than a truckload. The brute is a 68
4020, its been pushing up trees today that fell out into fields. IF it
will ever rain then it has corn stalks to grind and wheat to plant.

The 47 M will roll wheat ground, otherwise it will collect dust until
time to spray nitrogen next year.

44 DC Case, its on wagon duty when we bale, otherwise it collects dust
and rust. Needs rear tires but the tractor isn't worth even what a good
set of used tires would sell for.

No time or money to buy or collect any more true antiques. I have a
couple I need to get rid of because after 25-30 years, I'm done playing
with them. There will still be 4 antique tractors here--the kind with
Armstrong starters only.

I've even lost interest in most of the 40 or so antique chainsaws we
have acquired. Just to busy to take the time to sell them.

I'm more interested in keeping my old farm equipment in the field than
fixing up a fence row find these days.

John Hall