[AT] Massey 65 LPG fuel line

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Oct 7 17:48:15 PDT 2019

I installed many propane systems on pickups trucks and tractors back
when propane was only 0.12/gal.  We used copper for the lines from the
tank to the heat exchanger on all the trucks and tractors.  We also
flared the copper lines they fittings were very similar to water line
fittings but we used refrigeration grade copper.  I have used air line
for both vapor and liquid propane many times and not had a problem.  In
the old days i think the propane hoses had a wire under the cover that
made sure there was conductivity between the tank and the heat
exchanger.  The tank was bolted to the truck, and the heat exchanger was
bolted to the body, so I don't think the wire in the hose was really
needed. The use a wired hose for a filler hose from the big tank to the
fuel tank just to eliminate sparks from static...
Cecil