[AT] Value Engineering was 1970's farm equipment

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 27 17:45:45 PDT 2019

I had never heard of a "Value Engineering" class or known anyone who had taken such a course. I am suspicious that some of the irritating features of ag machines with Engine Control Modules can be traced to such practices.

I encourage Thomas to discuss this further.

As a result of Thomas' post, I verified that my wife's 2013 Jeep Patriot does not have an oil pressure gauge. Low oil pressure warning symbol gets displayed in the dash area right below the shift selector position display. On a vehicle I owned 39 years ago, I installed an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. I used a BSPP fitting into the engine block.

[ustonThomas Mehrkam] In the 70s we all had to take corporate value engineering classes. "How to engineer all the value out." Some people did not have enough sense to ignore the BS.

https://go.onelink.me/107872968? pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature