[AT] Shifter boot repair

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 01:53:31 PDT 2019

I noticed that the shifter boot on my Allis C was showing some splits
around the top and more around the skirt. At some point I'll pick up a new
one but wanted to do a temp patch on this one. I have a small can of that
"Flex-Seal" stuff on hand even though I don't have a rowboat to glue back
together.  :-)  It really is extremely tough stuff.
Anywho, I grabbed it and a 1" foam brush and gave this boot a quick coat
and it looks and feels amazing. I will give the top another coat to fill
the cracks a bit more but it is sealed well now. It actually looks much
better in person than in this picture. The stuff cures very wet and shiny
looking and the whitish looking patches in the picture are really just
reflections.
I also dabbed a bit on a spot on the tired steering wheel and decided that
I will patch the wheel with some JB-Weld then coat it with the Flex Seal.
Even though it looks wet and slick it is an excellent grip surface and is
recommended for dipping tool handles.

[image: image.png]

.

Francis Robinson