[AT] Hydraulic flow question?

Carl Gogol cgogol1971 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 07:09:15 PDT 2019

I just finished replacing a triple valve on my International 140 that
controls a side mount Alamo (triumph) sickle bar mower.  I did it because I
had the valve and the motor control on the “new” valve would reverse the
motor where the original would not.  This is handy when the mower jams.
The problem I created is the two controls for the hydraulic rams for
positioning the cutter bar are connected with ¼” hoses but the valve’s ports
are all ½’, -- but so were the original valve’s.
Problem – just moving one of the control’s levers for a ram will stall the
tractor if opened all or most of the way.
One solution – Limit the movement of the ram spools in some manner like
using a spacer to limit spool travel.
Question – Is there a more hydraulicy correct way -  the original valve did
not suffer this issue.  BTW- system is open center.
Carl
Manlius, NY

Humm- I wonder if the valve's high pressure bypass is not working or set too
high?