[AT] Hydraulic valve flow

Carl Gogol cgogol1971 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 08:09:29 PDT 2019

I just finished replacing a triple valve on my International 140 that
controls a side mount Alamo (triumph) sickle bar mower.  I did it because I
had the valve and the motor control on the “new” valve would reverse the
motor where the original would not.  This is handy when the mower jams.
The problem I created is the two controls for the hydraulic rams for
positioning the bar are connected with ¼” hoses and the valve’s ports are
all ½’, but so were the original valve’s.

Problem – just moving one of the control’s levers for a ram will stall the
tractor if opened all or most of the way.

One solution – Limit the movement of the ram spools in some manner like
using a spacer to limit spool travel.

Question – Is there a more hydraulicy correct way -  the original valve did
not suffer this issue.  BTW- system is open center.

Carl

Manlius, NY

Humm- I wonder if the pressure bypass is working or set too high