[AT] OT drain plug size

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 01:54:47 PDT 2019

1.  Knipex pliers are awesome
2.  I don't think you could get an M14x1.5 plug even 1/2 turn into a 1/2-20
threaded hole, but *maybe* if both male and female have generous lead-in
chamfers.  M14 is 0.551", 10% larger in diameter than 1/2".  And the 1.5
pitch, easier to do this metric; 20 TPI is a pitch of 1.27 which also isn't
very close.  A caliper will tell the tale.

SO