[AT] OT GM downward spiral was Big Truck Pickups

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Fri Nov 29 19:53:14 PST 2019

James Peck wrote:
> In the early 90s, wife was driving an 80 Chevy Malibu wagon that got
> hit in the driver side quarter behind the rear wheel. I cut a large
> patch panel out of a salvage yard car paying maybe $25 for it. I GMAW
> welded the panel in and touched up the paint. They do not let you
> keep and repair totaled vehicles anymore. We had bought an 83 Malibu
> wagon with the settlement so I sold the old one.
>
> Now I really liked the looks of that 83 Malibu wagon . I later bought
> an 83 V8 El Camino that matched in. I also bought a low mileage 82
> Malibu 4 door that had a gasoline 250 swapped into it because the
> original V6 diesel had been run low on oil. My plan was to get them
> all painted the same and keep them forever. Besides being visually
> appealing but low quality vehicles, something happened to everyone.
> Those cabbage heads that ran GM then dropped the line in favor of the
> less appealing Celebrity.  No wonder GM went bankrupt. Toyota did not
> go bankrupt even though all their products are unappealing. The Chevy
> 3.8L V6 was a little bit lemony anyway.
>
> https://itstillruns.com/history-chevy-38l-v6-8538589.html

How many wrecks would you like? I can buy and rebuild pretty much
anything here as long as I don't care if it has a salvage title. To me
that isn't a big deal because when I finally retire a vehicle it is
usually well beyond it's "used up date" The last one I scrapped had over
300K on it and enough NY air conditioning that the heater couldn't keep up!

--
Steve W.