[AT] Big Truck Pickups

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Fri Nov 29 12:03:35 PST 2019

Well, It'll be a long time before I buy a new pickup at the prices they
are at now. I have a 2010 Silverado with 110,000 on it, and the rust is
beginning in all the suspected spots, the rear wheel well being the main
culprit. It'll be a fender flapper in a couple of years, but as long as
it's reliable I'll keep it. I've heard rumors, not first hand
information that body shops are having a hard time learning how to work
on the aluminum body panels. Sure would be nice to have a truck that
doesn't rust out before it's service life is though. You guys in the
south many not have this problem, due to little or no salt ever being
used.  What bothers me is that my wife's Camry has 70,000 more miles on
it, gets driven every day in the salty slush, zero rust.

Mike M