[AT] Big Truck Pickups

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 07:29:25 PST 2019

James AT List Member and advocate of upgradeable tractor vocational training (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); I have rented a Home Depot flatbed pickup twice to carry items that would not have fit in a pickup box. I am very impressed with them. The flat beds are probably much more puncture proof than those aluminum ford pickup boxes. There used to be a commercial of someone dropping a tool box into a ford pickup bed and tearing a hole in the bed.

https://www.homedepot.com/c/Truck_Rental

You could probably move a tractor with a rental truck and trailer.

 I have seen 1/2 ton pickup beds where the stamped floor rails are scalloped between the laterals due to loads carried. My question is whether the F450 Ford or aftermarket F650 have bed floors that will carry the rated load as well as a wood floor would. The hot rudders have embraced wood pickup bed floors for esthetic reasons. They likely are the higher capacity option.