[AT] Big Truck Pickups

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 05:58:27 PST 2019

I have seen 1/2 ton pickups where the stamped floor rails are scalloped between the laterals due to loads carried. My question is whether the F450 Ford or aftermarket F650 have bed floors that will carry the rated load as well as a wood floor would. The hot rudders have embraced wood pickup bed floors for esthetic reasons. They likely are the higher capacity option.

https://www.rodauthority.com/features/ask-the-experts/why-choose-bed-wood-when-replacing-your-truck-bed/

Steve Offiler AT List member Mechanical Engineer (soffiler at gmail.com); James, do me a favor and look up the term "non sequitur"

James AT List Member and advocate of upgradeable tractor vocational training (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com);The bed of my father's 1 ton 1947 Power Wagon was made of wood and metal strips.

Bob AT List Member (rbrooks at hvc.rr.com); Ford makes an F650 pickup.

Carl Szabelski AT list member and tank knowledge resource (szabelski at wildblue.net);  The CTX is another big pickup, but I think it was somebody else, it really looked like a big dump truck. But then it was a while ago and I could be wrong. I’ll see if I can find it on line tonight if I have time. The Chevy trucks would be the 4500, 5500, and 6500 versions of the Silverado. These be commercial trucks with Silverado nameplate on them (???). Again, I’d have to double check that.
_