[AT] Big Truck Pickups

Howard Pletcher hrpletch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 08:04:05 PST 2019

You are probably thinking of the International CXT from the early 2000s.
It started as a one-off show truck, but one of the NFL quarterbacks saw it,
said I want it, and laid down enough $$ on the spot to buy it.  Other
similar folks with money including Jay Lenno wanted one and it became a low
production model until a recession and another round of Navistar's economic
problems put an end to it.  It was totally impractical for work although
many were used as tow vehicles.

I think the Tesla pickup falls into the same category with people who
wanting it to show off jumping into line for it.

There have been numerous other custom pickups on various big trucks, but
this is the only one I am aware of that was actually factory built.

Howard