[AT] Update AT] 3 cyl diesel problems & fuel filters

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Nov 25 05:30:31 PST 2019

On the subject of filters.  My 2000 Ford F-150 4wd gase 5.7liter was my
first and last drug confiscation truck.  It had sat outside the Stephens
County jail and it appeared that someone had dumped sand in the gas
tank.  It also had never had the oil changed for 8 years while the
county abused it, a story for another time.  The injectors kept plugging
up with a very fine stuff like rust.  I changed the fuel filter several
times and found nothing in it.  I put 3 sets of injectors in it before
ordering a fuel  tank from Amazon and when I changed it I found a pound
of sand in the tank. It was taking the rust off the inside of the tank
and plugging the injectors.  The filter is a 10 micron filter, but the
injectors are 2 micron with a 5 micron screen in the injector
connection.....   Why put a final fuel filter in a system that allows
particles 5 times larger than the part you are trying to protect???
Cecil