[AT] OT war on poison ivy

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 18:37:49 PST 2019

I will give it a try.

Craig Warner AT List Member (craig.warner47346 at frontier.com); I’ve heard of people having good luck with pre-contact barrier lotions or sprays. Might be a good option for a situation where washing off must be delayed.

https://everythingsummercamp.com/products/ivy-x-pre-contact-spray

James AT List Member and advocate of upgradeable tractor vocational training (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); I have been putting off clearing a poison ivy patch since I would have no easy access to washing facilities. Looks like a can of waterless hand cleaner and some paper towels would allow me to proactively clean off my hands, wrists, and forearms every couple of hours. There are a lot of trees with the vines clinging to them. I would need to use lopping shears to cut gaps between the vines and roots.

Steve Offiler AT List member Mechanical Engineer <mailto:soffiler at gmail.com>; Wrists and inner forearms, yep.  I generally wear long sleeves, long pants, and workgloves year-round, even at the height of summer. Fortunately I don't live in TX ;-)