[AT] tractor hauling truck

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:13:02 PST 2019

I am sort of a Luddite.  Well, at least, I'm the opposite of an "early
adopter" consumer. Late adopter I guess?

The idea of electric vehicles gives me range anxiety.  That's a real thing,
a concept explored by GM with their EV-1.  Remember that electric car?
They built 1000 and leased them so they could get them all back. It was a
giant engineering experiment that I found brilliant.   But a whole bunch of
environmentalists who didn't grasp that concept hate GM to this day because
they couldn't keep their EV-1.  I guess they didn't read the fine print.

Anyway, you can keep your electric cars (and now trucks) until they cost on
par with a petrol-fueled equivalent, and recharge more rapidly than they do
now, and charging stations are everywhere.  I refuse to accept less
convenience and less utility for higher cost.

SO