[AT] war on poison ivy, it is the oil that does it

Chuck Saunders gooberdog at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 05:11:50 PST 2019

My son is very reactive to poison ivy. He demanded we buy some lye soap
when the woman running the pioneer soap booth claimed it's ability to clean
up after poison ivy. We had Tecnu wash in stock in the house at all times.
One time I brought in the gallon jug of mineral spirits and told him to use
it as it was the same thing. His look that said "Dad, you are the stupidest
human on earth, that is not the same thing". True I wouldn't pay the
$300/gal for mineral spirits that Tecnu would cost. But they both work at
cutting the oil.
As far as the ivy, goats think it's candy.
Chuck Saunders
KCMO