[AT] Knowing when to call it a day

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sun Nov 17 19:53:56 PST 2019

If anyone wants pics of a honey locust, I have many on my property.  The thorns are impressive.   I have one right next to the Osage orange row.  I call that part of my property the “Hall of Thorns”.

They are also trashy trees. They are constantly losing limbs, are prone to lichen in prodigious amounts which makes them look like “witch” trees.   My daughter made up that phrase. It is used to describe any tree that looks scary without leaves on a gray, winter’s late afternoon.. :-)   They also drop those  big ugly seed pods. Definitely not a lawn tree.

I have heard there is something edible about the pods .   Do your own research on that.   It’s hearsay.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone