[AT] Fordson crawlers

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:36:47 PST 2019

English Fergusons with Canadian made half tracks. This was covered in my grade school "Weekly Reader", maybe the last year we got it. The Banner Lane plant started out as one of the world's most efficient.

Thomas Martin AT List Member  <tmartin at xtra.co.nz>; Sir Edmund Hillary took several of the English Ferguson half tracks to the South Pole in 1955-58.
" Hillary led a ‘dash to the pole'. On 4 January 1958 they became the first party to reach the South Pole overland since Scott in 1912, and the first to reach it in motor vehicles. Despite this, and his party's contribution to the overall success of the expedition, Hillary faced some criticism for allegedly putting adventure ahead of the expedition's scientific aims. But in New Zealand the https://nzhistory.govt.nz/node/13729 reinforced his position as a national hero." :-)

Kenneth Gene Waugh Elgin, Illinois AT List Member  <kgwaugh0943 at gmail.com>;and I am sure that you are all aware of this aftermarket track conversion...I rode in this trailer many, many years ago! (around 1956)

Thomas Martin AT List Member  <tmartin at xtra.co.nz>;  While you're browsing, check out Doe Triple D tractors...

James AT List Member and advocate of upgradeable tractor vocational training <jamesgpeck at hotmail.com>;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmMPfCoE6E

 Roadless Traction - Power to the Ground - Ford 4 Wheel Drive Tractor Con...
Visit http://www.secondsightproductions.co.uk to view more trailers or purchase quality Tractor, Farm Machinery ...

.