[AT] Craftsman Tool Warranty

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 10 18:54:32 PST 2019

As of 2016 SBD was using the old Black and Decker Towson Maryland address. I have included the lifetime warranty sticker from a ratchet.  Hecho en China.

I used to have a neighbor who worked for the neumatic tools division of Black and Decker.

David Myers AT List Member <Walking_Tractor at yahoo.com>; According to my Mac dealer SB&D also  owns DeWalt and Mac Tools.

Steve W. AT List Member and Sun machine owner <swilliams268 at frontier.com>; My only real complaint with Craftsman now is that under SB&D they are not even selling some of the tools they did under Sears. That means if you break one of those you are out of luck. I'd like to see them transfer those over to Mac for coverage as they still sell most of those tools under that brand. My local Ace says they will cover any tool that they can get under the Craftsman name, but if it no longer exists...

 I do like that they are at least bringing some of the manufacturing back to the US. I just hope it's not going to be like others that say things are made here when in reality they are simply assembling a parts kit from somewhere else.

Steve Offiler AT List member Mechanical Engineer <soffiler at gmail.com>; No.  Stanley Black & Decker currently owns the Craftsman brand.  Apex Tool Group, a venture formed by the combination of Danaher and Cooper Tools in 2010(ish), does some of the manufacturing.  I know Apex pretty well; my company actually manufactures a few thing for them.