[AT] Freeze plugs

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:21:33 PST 2019

I do it a little differently.

Clean the bore.
Make sure the outer edge of the plug is smooth (no point installing a
defective plug).
Apply a small amount of sealer (like Permatex #2) into bottom of the bore
(right in the corner where the plug rests).
Set the plug in place.
Place a blunt object dead center of the plug (like the peen end of a ball
peen hammer).
Give the other end of the blunt object a good whack with a hammer.

My dad didn't use the intermediate blunt object and directly hit the plug
with a hammer.  My aim isn't that good.

I haven't done a great number of them.  So I make no claims of reliability
of the method.

Jim Becker